Thursday, October 6, 2016

Movie Critiques:  Greetings!  I invite all movie lovers to enjoy any of the movies that I review here…. And participate in discussions of such.  Remember, everything regarding “art,” be it movies, painting, sculptures, or even certain Architecture, is in the eye of the beholder.  So, what might be inspiring to me, could be insipid to you. 

All I ask….no, actually, I demand, that you behave yourselves.  If you cannot do just that little thing, then I shall be forced to evict you from the island forever.  This is not freedom of the press… these are my opinions.  If you don’t like them… that’s cool.  Start your own page. 

I plan on covering every kind of movie here; in theaters, in the 5 dollar bin, on cable, on cable, television, old black and white movies, concerts, documentaries, and even…yes, even…musicals!  (laughing).  About the only thing I probably will not cover here will be silent movies. 

There will also be some ruminations about interesting books or novels I’ve read that intersect with these movies.  For example:  is the book better than the movie?  And if so, why? 


In any case, I hope you enjoy my page… and take the time to enjoy some of these movies.  Though Shakespeare has told nearly every human interest story there is… sometimes, it’s good to be surprised by a movie that moves you.  Of course, there is a difference between “moving” you and using your emotions to sell a product.  We’ll try and weed out the chaff from the incredible, and the durable from the passable.  Here we go!